Sunday, March 5, 2017

Soul Stories: When Life Gives You Lemons

Life has been bowling a lot of lemons at me lately so I thought it would be apropos to post this spread from my Soul Stories journal. It is from 2009 but still utterly relevant. This was one of those journal entries that came together quite serendipitously; I remember wanting to answer a question posed in a pain management class I attended ("What positive thing has chronic pain brought to your life?") and within a day or two of beginning work on the pages, I discovered the magazine page featuring a murderous giant lemon in a doctor's office reading material. Suffice to say I nicked that ad immediately for use in my journal. It helps to maintain a sense of humor when dodging life's lemons.

4 comments:

Miss Iowa said...

AWESOME journal spread!

Anonymous said...

Terrific advice and much more helpful for an artist than lemonade!
-Ellie

Carin Winkelman said...

"You will not be brought down by uncooperative citrus" I'm so going to steal that line! ;-)
Hope things get a bit better for you soon though.

Loulou in Texas said...

Love this spread! Yep, I would have nicked that ad, too, if I had come across it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...