Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Charlotte & Her Pearl-Studded Collar

Another "yearbook series" portrait in this toned tan sketchbook I'm currently working in: Mrs. Charlotte Cooper, Supervising Teacher, First Grade. I love Charlotte's style; she has on a rather fancy pair of horn-rimmed glasses, pearl earrings, and my favorite, her extravagant blouse! No mere string of pearls for Charlotte...oh no! She shows up for picture day in her finest pearl-studded collar! She looks quietly feisty - calm but fierce when necessary - so I gave her red hair to match her personality. These vintage black and white photos allow for a lot of interpretation and imagination, both in image and backstory.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Cooper looks like she'd be a wonderful first grade teacher, but your version of her is delightful! Of course, the red hair, because she does look feisty!!
-Ellie

Emie58 said...

She's quite lovely!!

Miss Iowa said...

I am totally loving these sketches! Makes you wonder if any of her relatives are still alive and if so, what they would think of your interpretations.

Loulou in Texas said...

Love this! She even reminds me of my first grade teacher!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...