Saturday, January 28, 2017

Soul Stories: Tune In to Yourself

"Soul Stories" entry: June 2016
As I mentioned in my previous post, I'll be posting images from my journal "Soul Stories" over the next few weeks as I return to this journal project, an altered book journal that I began way back in 2007. If I have time, I'm going to try and go back through my archived posts to tag the "Soul Stories" posts from long ago. However, since I now have a much better camera, I'd like to revisit some old projects with a new, improved eye. If you are a longtime reader, you may see pictures of spreads that I've posted about in years past and I apologize in advance for the repetition. There have been a lot of new followers since I last posted about this journal so I suspect the pages of "Soul Stories" will be unfamiliar to most eyeballs currently visiting Lost Coast Post.

This is the lone page that I completed in this journal in all of 2016. I think I fully intended to do much more in "Soul Stories" at the time I did this page but then I was waylaid by all the other things I needed/wanted to do. Then again, maybe all I needed was this one entry. As is typical with most pages in this journal, I write quite a bit and then surround that with some art, mostly in the form of collage. One of the reasons I drifted away from "Soul Stories" is the fact that its pages are predominantly collage-focused, a medium I have deliberately tried to avoid in the last few years in order to develop my illustration skills and find my own unique visual voice. Collage still feels appropriate here since in this journal, the art is subordinate in importance to the thoughts I am trying to document.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The collage here is great. Clearly an artist collaging, not random pieces glued down. I am really enjoying Soul Stories - I just regret that I have't been following you all these years. But now I'm catching up!
-Ellie

Loulou in Texas said...

Not only is this collage great, but the way you have used the different colors on the page is so interesting and nicely done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...