Monday, January 30, 2017

Sometimes There's Only Time for a Snail

Sometimes all I have time for is a quick sketch. On another day, I'll start the watercoloring process and stop to let the initial layers dry. Somewhere down the line, I'll take another day to finish painting and maybe another to add shading in graphite. Working in this way, it has taken me nearly three years to approach the end of my "Sparks of Madness" sketchbook but I am there...just a few more pages and then it is onward to "Volume 2." Never trivialize even the smallest amount of time in your studio; it all adds up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this little guy! As always, you are an inspiration. I don't have a lot of time, either, so I tend to just do bits at a time on any piece. Thanks for the encouragement to keep at it. Also, the peak inside your journal is so helpful - seeing how you work through a design or a style.

-Ellie

Leone said...

LOVE THIS GUY!! I SO ENJOY YOUR POSTS.

Loulou in Texas said...

Love the expression on this little snail's face! I also especially like your shading and the stacked blocks showing the date.
Good advice to remind us to keep taking those small amounts of time when we can get them in -- even if it's at a snail's pace.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...