Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A Rare Day of Play

Thanksgiving break is here and I spent this past Sunday happily playing in the studio without interruption: no laundry, no teaching prep, no errands. It has become exceedingly rare to have more than 15 to 30 minutes at a time for art. Sometimes I find two or three such mini work sessions scattered throughout a day but that isn't the same as two or three hours back to back. The work - both the act and the product - feels distinctly different and I realized I need to have both working styles in my artistic life. It is a very good thing to be able to dive into a project, focus intently, and get things done before life demands I get on to other stuff but it is also important to have time to work in a wandering, leisurely fashion. I am adjusting my schedule accordingly.

Note: This is another page in my mini "Unexpected Convergences" journal which is beginning to fatten up rather nicely.

2 comments:

Özge Başağaç said...

The play is evident in the page. Lovely again :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Michelle! I'm glad to hear that you are finding some time to just enjoy yourself and get lost in your wonderful art.
-Ellie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...