Saturday, October 8, 2016

Figmenta Finally Out in the World

My 2016 show, Figmenta, is finally up on the wall out in the world! I was unsure how these relatively small works would look displayed on a very large wall but I was delighted to discover that I had made just enough (22) to fit the space perfectly in a soft, flowing line with a bit of breathing room between each piece. Everything is at eye level so people can get up close to see the details and read the tags.

I love this show for many reasons. First and foremost, I followed an inner voice that told me to take a risk, set aside the canvas for a while, and to make my character sculptures the focus. In addition, this show was very easy to execute from an inspiration perspective. I never tired of creating these pieces and in fact, I had to force myself to stop production so I had sufficient time for the labels and show signage. My 2017 show is already scheduled and I know that next year I will return to painting but I have a feeling that more sculpture work will worm its way into Figmenta, Vol 2.

2 comments:

Sheila Johnston said...

Congratulations, Michelle. What a wonderful venue for your art.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! They look awesome - so glad you are able to show the world the wonderful work you do!!
-Ellie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...