Monday, June 20, 2016

Flight Delay

Have you ever been on a long road trip (especially as the driver) and once you reached your destination and tried to relax, you felt as if you were still moving? That's where I'm at right now. The school year officially ended for me last Wednesday but I've been having difficulty settling down. I thought I would just explode into a painting frenzy the minute work was over but instead, I've been wandering to and fro, casually cleaning, doodling, binge-watching TV, cuddling the cats, reading, cooking...pretty much everything BUT intense art-making. I am working in the studio each day and I even started a canvas but my heart isn't quite up for it yet. In addition, I'm dealing with a flare-up of tendonitis in my left wrist/arm (which certainly isn't helped by the PD tremor there.) I have to be irritatingly careful with what I ask my body to do and I know it'll come to no good end if I push through thoughtlessly and try to do more than I am able. So I'm allowing myself a bit of wind down time before I wind up again and get serious about painting.

In a way, this wee flying piggie represents my current state. His wings are at the ready but he's hasn't quite left the ground yet. He's also a bit confused about where he's going as his artist creator was more than a little vague about his destination...sty in the sky?? I have no idea what I was thinking with that "house on a cloud" motif; I just felt compelled to put it there. It doesn't have a religious connotation...I know that much...but other than what it isn't, I don't know much else. Perhaps Piggie will tell me once he finally decided to take flight...

1 comments:

Sheila Johnston said...

When the teaching year was over for me, I always planned several days of doing "nothing." Doing "nothing" for me includes enjoying an afternoon nap, getting caught up on my tv/movie watching, and going for long walks. Only after that am I ready to begin some serious art.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...