Friday, November 20, 2015

On Thanksgiving Break

You have no idea how happy I am that I'm currently on a break from teaching. Frankly, all the teachers get a weary look in their eyes this time of year; the kids are extra distracted by the general chaos of the season and the nasty weather that traps them inside. A little break is welcome by all. As usual, I have big plans for my time off; I don't always get around to actually doing everything I aim for but whatever I do, it will still be a quiet, relaxing time that will recharge my batteries. At the very least, it will be nice to have longer than 15 to 30 minutes in a day to make art. It will also be fabulous to gather with family for Thanksgiving. I hope everyone reading gets to have some quality art and family time this coming week.

Note: Even though readership drops off dramatically in November and December, I'll be posting right up until Christmas when I traditionally take a blogging break until after the first of the year. Hope you'll continue to bless this space with your time and interest.
 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving and school break to you Michelle !!! I ALWAYS check in - even when you take your well-deserved blog break - love your art and words of wisdom - thank you : )

Blessings - Sandra in AZ : )

carol said...

I'm here and enjoying your work. I just rarely comment unless I'm on my computer as opposed to tiny phone keyboard!!

Loulou in Texas said...

What an interesting quote, and I especially like the way you chose to illustrate it.
Enjoy your time off -- with rest, renewal, and creating art -- and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Michelle, I read every one of your posts in my blog reader, no matter what day it is. May your break be filled with relaxation and glorious art.

Dorlene Durham said...

Enjoy your break!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...