Friday, November 13, 2015

Look Mom! The Picture Moves!

This is silly times a hundred but I'm doing a wild "I Conquered Technology!" dance around the studio as I somehow managed to make my first ever video in iMovie!!!! 32 seconds of miracle here people! I'm posting it here with zero idea if it will play OK for everyone (and even less idea how to fix it if you can't.) You'll just have to bear with me as I experiment. For me, the only way to learn something (especially new technology) is to just play and fail and play some more. It is an uphill climb for this entrenched PC user but if I can figure out Mac, the door to Lost Coast Post is going to swing W-I-D-E open! (Cheering section and tips are deeply appreciated!)

PS...Thanks go out to Özge in Turkey for the soft nudge in the comments of my last post! Sometimes a small challenge is just what I need to get started...

EDIT - November 14, 2015: Apparently I uploaded this to Blogger as a Flash video, NOT to YouTube so if Flash is not up-to-date on your computer, you will simply see a patch of white where my little video should be. Never fear...I've figured out how to load my videos to YouTube so future videos should be available to all. 

7 comments:

Snap said...

YeeHaw! It plays ... fun! The daisies must be tasty...!

Emie58 said...

WooHoo!!! I give you credit for trying something new like this. Me? I'm technology challenged and wouldn't even know where to start. Good Going!!!!

iHanna said...

Of course it plays - youtube made sure of that. And it's fab! Well done! Now to conquer the world! :-)

Loulou in Texas said...

I guess the video disappeared. Or at least it is not showing up on my screen around noon, CST. I have reloaded the page, I went to other pages and came back, etc., and there is still a big white space on my screen at the top of the blog. Just thought you might want to know that something strange is going on with at least one computer here.
Congratulations on trying something new! I'll be anxious to see it when it reappears!

Stacey Vadaj said...

yes, it works here too...

Loulou in Texas said...

I came back and tried again, and the video was on my screen this time. I have no idea what the problem with my computer was earlier. So I guess we BOTH conquered technology today! :)

Özge Başağaç said...

Yay Michelle :) Congradulations for challenging yourself ! For me technology is so intimidating.Everyday there is a new platform to join or new software to learn. Like i had no idea about instagram but everybody was talking about it.I simply did not have a smart phone to run it. But after you opened your ig account i tried something and found a way to bypass this issue :) Instagram feels good. Now there is Youtube and Periscope :)Oh well, someday i will try that, too.This video plays nicely on my computer.Now i will check the newer one :)Can't wait for your new techy accomplishments :) Cheers...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...