Monday, November 16, 2015

I Am, Therefore I Can

Just four days of teaching stand between me and Thanksgiving break...can I get a "WhooHoo!?" I need some uninterrupted time to tackle a few persistent ideas that are demanding attention. I'm also looking forward to visiting family for the first time since last Christmas. I'd like to get some crafting and gift-making done for the holidays and of course, I need some time to just sit and do nothing except watch Netflix/Hulu and sip coffee while the rain pours down outside. (Please, please powers-that-be...can it rain my entire vacation?! My state needs it but I think my soul needs it more.) I adore teaching but it dominates my days, leaving little time or energy for anything else.  

I jumped back into my "Exultation" journal this past weekend. In case you missed its introduction, this is my "coloring book" journal where I scribble images in ballpoint pen with my left hand and then paint, doodle, and embellish. The first photo shows you the page prior to coloring; This picture is how the page ended up. Originally, the bird's head was painted just like the rest of the body but as I was shuffling paper scraps around on my table, that purple and green circle literally fell onto my open journal. I've learned to go where serendipity leads so my birdie acquired a brand new noggin! Such a handy thing...wish I could do that myself sometimes...

1 comments:

Aimeslee said...

Love your page!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...