Friday, October 23, 2015

Under the Weather Just in Time for a Field Trip

So I'm supposed to do some traveling next week (for the first time in 22 years) and I am sick. I suppose it was inevitable: there's been a wave of illness washing through my art students and I guess I finally got caught in that storm.  Terrible timing! Luckily, I have a couple days at home to rally (or at least work through the worst of it) before I have to make a decision one way or the other. I was really looking forward to seeing Guys and Dolls and Pericles at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. The kids (76 in all) will be creating a visual journal/sketchbook of their 4-day trip as well as completing a three-hour sketchcrawl in downtown Ashland. I need to be there for that so I'm going to hide away for a little bit and gather my strength...and the Sudafed, cough drops, hot tea, Advil, vitamin C, voodoo, hoodoo, and anything else I think might help me conquer the germs currently partying in my head and throat. Wish me luck...

5 comments:

Carin Winkelman said...

Feel better soon!

Jennifer Shelby said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Many blessings and prayers sent your way Michelle - if I may add to the voodoo/hoodoo - some honey, squeezed lemon in warm to hot water for your throat as many times a day/night as you can - this reeeeallly helps the soar throat and relieves "some" of the chest congestion : )

Blessings, Sandra in AZ : )

Özge Başağaç said...

Michelle have you thought about turning these sketchbook pages into fabric patterns? I can see dresses made with them.Would be great :)

LAHRdesign said...

I like Airborne too!

I've been working on taking probiotics and I was able to teach a mess of kindergarteners without getting sick until this week. Maybe having 12 different classes got to my brain? I'm always sick but that seems to be making me more healthy overall.

(No need to share this one either!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...