Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tiny Museum Tango

Things are kind of rough right now on the homestead; health issues are occupying just about every waking moment while I push through work four days a week. Sometimes I wonder just how much I'm going to be able to tolerate but when certain "can't do anything about it" situations rise up up before you, the only thing to be done is to slip slide around, under, or through such things and just keep moving forward. I strive for net gains each day, even if it is only an inch or two. The upside is that I'm getting a crash course in self-care, something I've always found extremely difficult to follow-through on. 

Miraculously, the art-making continues on a daily basis. I'm not creating masterpieces here but instead, just trying to escape into color and pattern. I've been doing a lot of doodling but I'm also, very slowly, playing along with a fabulous new online class called "Tiny Museum," from the equally fabulous Tammy over at Daisy Yellow. That lady could motivate a snail to stand up and do the tango! Watercolor and gouache are certainly dancing together in my journal as I work through the many videos in this class. I'm sure everyone has their own approach but I enjoy working while listening to the videos, listening and following along very loosely while Tammy describes what's she's doing. Her enthusiasm is contagious and helps cut through the painful haze I am swimming through every day. If I get a few of these wee boxes of art completed - presto! - my daily inches of accomplishment and joy are done. I'm posting the first page I finished as inspired by "Tiny Museum." These pages can take several days as you wait for some blocks to dry so you can add new layers. That's just my speed. 

5 comments:

Leone said...

That is a fun page! Take good care of yourself.

Stacey Vadaj said...

its so colorful and playful. thank you for sharing it!

Özge Başağaç said...

I love this Michelle. It is enough to brighten your day.

Daisy Yellow said...

So happy that you are finding a break in your art practice. And thank you for the shout-out!

Chloe-Cat said...

I am so glad I found you on Pinterest! I'm really enjoying your work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...