Wednesday, September 30, 2015

More Drifting

More pages from my "Drifting" journal as inspired by Lisa Congdon's drawing classes over on Creativebug. The first spread follows Lisa's instructions pretty much verbatim: light-colored marker background topped with black ink flower motifs. From there, I got a little wild, changing the direction of the marker swipes in the background and adding some water to help those marks bleed and blend. Once that was dry, I added ocean-themed doodles "fished" (sorry! couldn't help myself) from my imagination.


Lots of other stuff is brewing behind the scenes here at Lost Coast Post...it's the finding time to show & tell that's the hard part. Thanks for sticking with me...your readership and commentary is deeply appreciated!

7 comments:

angi eharis said...

Wow, your art work is awesome, way beyond me, I am teaching myself drawing flowers, so I stumbled to your blog and will be paying more attention to your work, tx for sharing, sorry about Parkinson's, have taken care of many Parkinson's patients over the years, I am a RN for 30yrs, healthcare bs made me retire early, so I know u have struggles everyday, u are awesome! Aloha, angi in hana

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that I rarely comment. I want you to know that your blog is among my favourites. Your art is inspiring. And I admire you for the way you attack your life and your challenges with such gusto and grace. Thank you for taking the time to share and teach. I learn something new everytime I turn to your blog.

Carol

Stacey Vadaj said...

i like both of your takes on the class. i just did the drawing as she did and i like that you stepped off from her instruction.

Emie58 said...

I LOVE what you've done here. You followed Lisa's class idea to get the feel for the technique and then made it your own!!! I'm also taking this class but it's great to see someone inspired to take it further.

Özge Başağaç said...

love your work as always...You inspire me :)

Leone said...

Well, that's a bit of fun!!

Peggy Jo Farr said...

I love that you share your creative self Michelle. I love that you made it your own by going with the flow and fish! I Love Lost Coast Posts! May you be strengthened within to do all you need and desire to do each and every day. Peggy Jo or JeggyPo I answer to both. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...