Thursday, August 27, 2015

Strange Fowl and Back to School

"The Strange Fowl Quintet Prepares for Rehearsal"; 18x24; acrylics - SOLD
The last two weeks have been a whirlwind with the onset of the new school year. I think I am only breathing intermittently...in between staff meetings, supply assessment and ordering, lesson planning, syllabus-writing, school clean-up and organization, bulletin board-making, and classroom decorating. It is always a challenge to slide from the lazy days of summer back into the barely controlled chaos of the classroom environment but this year is especially tough as my hours and responsibilities have increased right up to the edge of my physical tolerances. I come home exhausted. There's no art-making happening (other than school-related), no cooking, cleaning, conversations, errands...nothing on work days besides work. If I'm not at school, I'm a couch zombie. Students begin on Monday but it will be another week before the regular daily schedule commences. (At my school, the first week is used for community-building.) I am hoping against hope that once a routine begins, I'll be able to settle more gracefully into my role and then find the time and energy for my private pursuits. In the meantime, brace yourself for a wobbly posting schedule here at Lost Coast Post...I'm busy trying to find my way. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...