Monday, July 27, 2015

ICAD 2015: Cards 43 - 49

These "cards" were created exactly as described in my previous Index-Card-a-Day post but this time, I drew a frame and cut it out after outlining the paint lines in permanent black ink. I LOVE how these turned out! These will be perfect elements for my art journals and I intend to make many more. I'll probably use these funky frames to showcase some found word poetry, a page title, or the date. (If you just tuned in, I use all the index card art that I create in my journals so I have readily available collage material that is unique to me.) 

I'm going to be scarce this coming week as I'm in the final lap of show prep before I need to hang the show on Sunday, August 2nd. Once I finish painting, I have to attach sawtooths on every piece and then create labels, show signage, business cards, and a master price list. It also happens to be my birthday week (hello 46!) so I'm going to try and carve out some time for celebrating...which means I'll be sitting in the studio making more art whilst eating cake and wearing a party hat.

4 comments:

Loulou in Texas said...

What colorful, creative Funky Frames!
Wishing you a very Happy Birthday this week, Michelle!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Happy Birthday!

Jennifer Shelby said...

Happy birthday!

Phoenix Peacock said...

these are bright and fun! I like them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...