Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Happily Holed Up in the Studio

We're in the middle of a heat wave here in extreme northern California and that makes working with acrylics a tricky business as the paint seems to dry instantly upon contact with canvas or palette. And yet, paint I must as I hang the Sparks of Madness show this coming Sunday. I'm making slow but steady progress. Since today is my birthday, I predict a long, glorious day in the studio doing what I love best: making art. Wherever you are, I hope that you too are doing whatever you love best, today and every day.

7 comments:

Snap said...

Happy Birthday! Love the pup....

Carin Winkelman said...

Happy Birthday! Seems the dog is already in a celebrating mood. Enjoy a creative day and good luck on the show!

Connie Rose said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! Hope your show is fabulous. I still love the little snail I bought from you a couple years ago, and look at it every day. Incidentally, you might want to keep on hand some Golden Open Medium to extend the drying time of those acrylics -- or even Acrylic Glazing Medium.
I love all your recent work, as always. Have a great day! x

Loulou in Texas said...

Happy Birthday, Michelle! Best wishes for a wonderful year ahead -- full of good health and creative cheer!

Dorlene Durham said...

Happy birthday!

Buzzy Barbee said...

So glad I found your blog! Gorgeous, inspiring art! Happy 46th Birthday! 46 is an excellent birthday - so much accomplished, so much to look forward to!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!
I just found your blog via Daisy Yellow's ICAD challenge and I am so glad I did! I will become a follower of you too now-- full of inspiration and color!, and I love your intended new revamp of your blog/features. Look forward to that... Thanks for all you share, lisa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...