Monday, May 25, 2015

Curious Commenting Conundrum...Corrected

While I paint, I keep a small altered book open off to the side and I unload all my excess paint onto its pages. When a page reaches a pleasing stage, I create a finished entry. This image is from that paint scrapings journal.

Note: Thank you to Ozge, a sharp-eyed reader who alerted me to a malfunction in my blog template which superimposed the "Number of Comments" line over the "Publish" button making it impossible to comment in the first place. I wondered why the crickets had invaded in full force for the last three or four posts. Since I didn't dare mess with the blog code, I changed the comment format. Now when you click "Comments" under a post, a separate window will pop up, allowing you to comment as desired. I do moderate comments but there are no verification hoops to jump through. I hope this makes commenting easier although now you need to allow pop-ups when at my site. *sigh* I had the comment section embedded within the post to avoid the pop-up hassle. I have no idea why (or when) the template got all discombobulated; I just know that the pop-up solution circumvented the problem. So comment away dear ones...

2 comments:

Ami said...

Oh my goodness! Kind of a departure, but I love it! I remember you saying you wanted to put more of your monsters out into the world, whether or not they're "marketable" or "popular", and I'm not sure if this face qualifies, but it's abstract & a bit grotesque (and I mean that in a v. flattering, Basquiat kind of way) and I just love it!

Claire said...

I'm happy to hear that the comments are working so I can finally say that I love the changes you've made to your website layout! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...