Monday, April 13, 2015

Minuets in the Meantime

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h178/bug_artz82/MIN5.jpg
"Minuet No. 5 - Command Center"
I'm planning a couple of new blog post series after I get through the next two weeks of theater madness. Once work settles back into its more typical routine, I'll have more time and energy. In the meantime, I'll be posting peeks at the usual: the Snippets journal and more of my work in my little Minuet collage book. This is a great project for small amounts of time where my focus is less than at its peak. Originally, I thought I'd go ultra-abstract but I returned to the representational after the first entry. I'm just playing around here, pushing scraps in different directions and into different combinations until a little story reveals itself. The calligraphic swipes of watercolor in the background provide an anchor to the collages so they aren't simply floating in white space. I try to inject a bit of humor and whimsy into the mix as well because that's definitely a running thread throughout my work. This particular Minuet might be interpreted as snapshot of my brain. (I'm going to overlook the fact that my "command center" is actually unplugged; I think maybe my subconscious took over on this one.)

4 comments:

Leone said...

I love your minuets. I think they might be my favourites because of the simplicity. I really enjoy your blog although I don't comment. I guess not commenting is not helpful to you because you don't know that people are appreciating what you do.

md said...

I'm so glad to see this new post, as I just found your blog over the weekend through another. I didn't find recent things, but signed up, hoping to see something new. Your art is just what I love, and tutorials very helpful. thanks

Stacey Vadaj said...

the minuets are bright, cheerful and spontaneous! love them. thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your minuets! They are so fantastic and oh so creative! I have been following your blog for years but only recently began to comment. Ann in IL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...