Sunday, March 8, 2015

Snippets: Weeks 9 and 10

Lots of affirmative self-talk in this fortnight of Snippets journaling: I've been ensnared in a crisis of confidence after several opportunities arrived at my doorstep in the past few weeks. Whether deliberately sought or completely unannounced, these possibilities for selling, teaching and/or displaying my work triggered the old hypercritical, skeptical voices and I've been trying to counter those negative thoughts with happy and encouraging words. I also paid tribute in gouache to actor Leonard Nimoy who passed away on February 27 at the age of 83. As a lifelong, passionate sci-fi nerd, his death hit hard. Star Trek was a huge part of my childhood and is a comforting companion in my adulthood (love watching sci-fi while creating!) I felt like an entry in Nimoy's honor was necessary. 

As always, here's a snap of the Snippets spread for the next two weeks, prepped and ready to complete. This time, I tentatively experimented with small, direct-to-journal Gelli prints. It was fun and I'm sure I'll do more of this in the future. I also create background patterns with stamping, stencilling, collage, and simple brushwork. As you can probably tell, very little of this work shows through in the end but it gives me an inspiring jumpstart when I journal.

1 comments:

Nina Fenner said...

Haven't had internet at home for 8 weeks, so am finally catching up with other peoples stuff. I'm glad you're back to journalling as I've been so inspired by your journalling in the past. I'm loving your snippits journal in particular, but also think the minuets are beautiful too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...