Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Scissored

I work in bursts: bursts of inspiration, projects, energy, interest. Case in point: last summer, while laid up on the couch for the better part of 12 weeks healing from foot surgery, I worked passionately on my Sketchbookery journal, balancing supplies and subject in my lap or, once I was allowed, at my studio table while my foot rested atop a pillowed chair. I created a lot of ink and watercolor sketches in that journal and then *poof* my attention turned to other pursuits.

Recently, I returned to that sketchbook and tried to jump back in to the rhythm of seeing and drawing. My first effort since September 2014 is a bit wobbly & wonky due to time away and shaky hands; thankfully, this technique actually benefits from less-than-perfect lines and although I was discouraged at first, I ended up loving the final page. I definitely feel a burst of enthusiasm for this journal again.

P.S. Does anyone else feel like they have a pair of scissors for every possible task?? Once I started digging, I was a little embarrassed by my collection. It would take two or three more pages to document them all.

3 comments:

carol said...

I love this kind of watercolor journaling, I'm trying to get better at it, mine don't look quite like this yet! ... and yes I think I have all the scissors you have pictured and then some!

Seth said...

Love that page!!

Leone said...

Love your sketching and I'm really in love with your minuets!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...