Thursday, March 26, 2015

Onward

In spite of bilateral Kienbock's Disease (stages 3 & 4), bilateral fibromatosis (hands & feet), chronic migraines (7 to 20 a month), Young Onset Parkinson's Disease, and all the surgeries and symptoms that accompany these issues, I have a simple, one word motto that carries me through my days:


That's it. I just keep moving forward, some days slogging and some days skipping but always striving forward even if it is just in increments. I have plenty of days where I lose my footing and slip-slide backwards but as soon as possible, I plant my feet and start climbing again. Art is the most important tool I use to dig into the mountain of hard living that looms before me. One art project after another forms a rope that I will follow to triumph. Whether it's around, over, under, or through, always I strive onward. That's the underlying message I hope you glean from this humble space: keep making and moving no matter what. So let's get to it.

5 comments:

Beverley Baird said...

Wonderful motto - one to definitely follow. Love your artwork - always!

Mardi said...

Be blessed!

Özge Başağaç said...

I danced to the tune :) I am stubborn, too. And it works :) Love your art. I love its consistent stand between play and serious fine art. It is full of surprises. Not only for me but most of all for you, too. I follow your blog eagerly. Hope you have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I am dealing with some health issues myself and also dealing with husband's cancer. I am learning to rely on my art to get me through some days and love your word. That one is going on the wall for me! Thanks for the encouragement and great blog too. Sending many good thoughts and wishes your way. Renee

gretchen said...

yes. thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...