Sunday, March 15, 2015

More Minuets and Some Studio News

I have a long, intimidating list of major projects to work on including two upcoming shows, summer class proposals for our local creative reuse center, product to make for consignment at the local art supply store, painting commissions, and ongoing prep for my long-standing teaching gig at a local charter school. I don't know how much progress I'm making on those things but I am readily tinkering away on my personal projects like the "Snippets" journal and my new "Minuets" collage collection. Currently, my health is a major distraction and so it is comforting to think small and be "in the now" with little side projects. However, the relentless stampede of bills demands my attention and I just want to hide under a pile of paper scraps (which, by the way, I think I could actually do if I tried!)

In the next week or so, I'll be posting some work for sale here at Lost Coast Post if I can figure out how to insert PayPal buttons in a blog post; otherwise, I'll upload things to my Etsy shop. The Etsy option is way more complicated than I have energy for so I thought I'd give selling via my blog a try. I've always opted to keep the monetization of my blog to a minimum but I've got work piling up and I need to start trying to move it along to new homes to pay medical bills but also to make room, physically and emotionally, for new work to emerge. Brand new doors are waiting to be opened...if only I can get some old ones closed.

P.S. Thank you to everyone who takes time out of their day to pop into Lost Coast Post and read my random ramblings. Your support, whether quiet or posted, is deeply appreciated!


Minuet No. 3 - "Beacon"
Minuet No. 4 - "Underground River"  

8 comments:

Marcia Beckett said...

Those are beautiful. I love the look of the patterned paper against the watercolor.

colourcottage said...

I like these, I think I'm going to steal your idea to get myself kickstarted.

I found paypal buttons for my wordpress blog, but I never tried them. Unless Google has banned them or something there ought to be finished code for blogspot as well! If it's just a generic button, customers could always write in the comments which item they want?

colourcottage said...

P.S. When I say steal I mean merely for my own personal amusement of course...

Michelle Reuss-Remy said...

I knew what you meant! Have at it! I'm finding that the Minuets have more benefits than I realized and instead of just squeezing them in at the end of a long day, I'm making time during "regular studio hours" to do them! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! hugs - Michelle

Anonymous said...

I love your Minuets art! It is stunning. I have been following your blog for a few years. So sorry you have all those health issues! Ann in IL

linda (dots n doodles) said...

Such a wonderful idea. Each minuet is so beautiful and so different and I love the spontaneity of each one!

Anonymous said...

I love all your work! You have your own style & that's what I need to find.
TFS
Grandma Nancy in central IL

Carin Winkelman said...

Your minuets are absolutely beautiful. Sorry you're health is causing such troubles, but I admire you for doing some art anyway and such stunning art too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...