Sunday, February 8, 2015

Snippets: Weeks 5 and 6

This process of "a-journal-square-a-day" is working out better than I'd hoped. Sometimes the day's space is all the journaling I have time for and sometimes, once I complete an entry in the Snippets book, I turn to other journals because my interest is sparked and yet unsatisfied by the small portion allotted that day. I think that it is important to note that although the resulting spread probably looks like a disjointed collection of images to outside viewers, I personally can see how each little section relates - directly or indirectly - to something going on in my life at the time. As always, I try to work fast and instinctually, allowing my subconscious to guide my hand. When I work this way, my journal entries almost always speak to underlying thoughts, emotions, or events, even if the connection isn't immediately transparent.

Here's next week's spread prepped and ready to go! This time around, I'm going to be experimenting with a "themed" week of entries in honor of a holiday (in this case the beginning of the Chinese New Year.) I still gather an envelope full of possible images and scraps to use in the two weeks' time; however, when a theme week occurs, I make sure about half of my choices are relevant to the holiday at hand.
 

Note: If you are curious how this week's spread evolved from the initial background, just pop in to the previous Snippets post; as I post the completed spreads every two weeks, I will also post the prepared spread for the following fortnight.

1 comments:

BritChickNY said...

wow!! I love this Michelle! I saw your first Snippets post but now seeing the progression, well, this is genius! this would be a great in-person workshop....(just sayin')

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...