Sunday, October 19, 2014

In Between Brush Strokes I Might Blog

Well, as per usual, frenzied prep for an art show landed in the midst of my newly-minted weekly schedule and my comforting, organized routine blew up in my face. I hadn't painted all summer due to my foot surgery so I was scrambling at the end of September to try and complete a few new pieces to hang. Then, just as I got the work, new and old, up on the wall, I booked another show for November and December. (Back to the easel I go!) In addition, I'm working through Tracy Verdugo's Paint Mojo e-course, an incredible, in-depth painting adventure that has captured my remaining spare moments after teaching and physical therapy are done for the week. (I won a spot in this class after Tracy offered a giveaway on her blog - so lucky!) Somewhere in there, I also had the first of two annual home inspections which always hit this time of year.

So ends my explanation for falling off the grid here at Lost Coast Post. Longtime readers will know I do this from time to time; if you're new to my blog...welcome! Be forewarned: with limited time and energy, blogging often falls to the bottom of the to-do list, especially when I'm caught up in painting. It occupies my heart, mind, and attention like no other activity in the studio. Even when I'm struggling, it is an extremely meditative process. I forget to clean the house, make meals, to say nothing of blogging. I guess it makes me a bad blogger but I think I am an infinitely better person and artist when I follow my Muse whenever, wherever, and however She appears. After eight years, I keep returning to this space despite my many distractions and challenges. As always, I appreciate my readers' tolerance of my inconsistent publishing habits so I can indulge my artistic fancies. I'll try to get back to my twice-a-week posting schedule but right now, art is constantly calling me away from the online world. I need to answer that call while I can.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...