Monday, December 16, 2013

Until a New Year Dawns...

On the left hand side of this spread, I was experimenting with Dura-lar Wet Media Film which is a clear acetate that has been specially treated to accept wet work (like markers and paints) without beading.  I will most definitely being doing more with this product/technique in the coming year!
  
What with all the holiday chaos, art has been progressing even slower than usual but I'm looking forward to a time (after Christmas itself is finally over) that I can spend day after day painting & pasting, cuttting & collaging, doodling & dawdling around in my studio with not a care in the world.  The last week or so of the year tends to be some of my most productive and exciting as I plot and plan for the new beginning that presents itself on January 1st.  To that end, Lost Coast Post will close up shop until January 3, 2014.  Since I began this endeavor in May 2006, I wonder every year if I want to continue blogging.  I must say I have received many wonderful comments and emails as of late that have firmly decided the issue for me in advance of my year-end hiatus:  Lost Coast Post will definitely be moving forward into 2014, my eighth year of blogging.  Taking a wee break, however, will help me recharge my batteries and give me time to ponder where I go next.  At the very least, I'll have time to create lots of new work to show.

I wish all my readers, near and far, a wonderful holiday season, filled with friends, family, and course, art!  Thank you for gracing this space with your presence, your kind words, and unfailing encouragement!  I hope to see you once again when a new year dawns! 

6 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays to you, too, Michele. Wishing you a happy, healthy new year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss your inspirational blog posts but wish you wonderful creating during the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! This is really beautiful! Have a wonderful holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Christmas, Michelle. have a lovely refreshing break :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear Lost Coast will continue...and LOVE your journal pages! Your bright colors and graceful swirls are a joy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this spread! Hrrmmm... that acetate you mention sounds very useful! Will have to try and find that... Merry Christmas and a blessed new year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...