Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Spirit Extraordinaire

After three blissful days, in which I refused to do any chores, errands, or work for school, Tuesday has me back at the grindstone trying to catch up after all that down time.  I'm not really one for "balance" and all that good stuff...it is usually all or nothing with me: go in guns blazin' or curl up in bed & sleep (and I do the latter precious little these days.)  It is a mindset I am trying to change, especially in light of my complicated health problems which demand a bit more moderation, patience, and self-caretaking.  It is hard to break old habits.

One habit I am happy to cling to, however, is art journaling.  The days of marathon art-making sessions seem to be over; instead, I poke around here and there, seemingly getting very little accomplished.  And yet, when I gathered some of my journals to show my new class of journaling students, I realized just how many journals I have managed to fill over the  years.  Whew!  In the huge stack of bulging books pulled from every corner of my house, I found evidence that slow & steady does indeed win the race!  Good to know... 

8 comments:

  1. Awesome journal pages! Love the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great AJ page ! I love it ! finding out your blog through CED, I will wander on it !
    greetings from France,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your page it' s simply magnificent!!! zouzou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully colorful page! Love how the "spirit" jumps right out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pages are the beginning of summer on these cool autumn days...Sunshine on paper:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this has such a powerful and affirming energy-love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vibrant colors! They all work beautifully together. I'm partial to the left spread... love the bold black dotted stripe down the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also was showing journals this past weekend, at a Holiday Bazaar. Fun to see the reactions of others, who don't usually art journal! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...