Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My Time in Stillness

I love this spread because when I look back upon it, I remember all the leisurely bits of quiet art time I stole from the middle of life's chaos.  These pages give me hope.  No matter how grim or busy or confusing or uncertain the world beneath my feet, inside there is an island of calm and beauty that waits ever so patiently for me to visit as long and as often as I need.  This island is unfailing and steady, a beacon to focus on whenever I feel darkness gripping a bit too tight.  Journaling used to be such a frenzied affair for me, mimicking my everyday life.  And then, something changed.  I allowed myself to get quiet for a few minutes here and there.  I learned to duck my head into the eye of the storm and stay a bit until I regained the courage to reenter the fray.  These pages - this journal - document my time in stillness and they hold the key to the way back should I ever lose my way again. 

12 comments:

  1. I truly love your journal pages! Your blog is so wonderful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words & beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful explanation of your art-journaling. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a beautiful person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what lovely thoughts about your gorgeous spread-just joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice!! i love the BOLD colors and textures going on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! Those pages don't look silent and still. They are beautiful! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful, love the colours and everything about it

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pages, I love the colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pages, and I really like your owls!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am browsing your blog as your colors inspire me. This page is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...