Friday, August 30, 2013

Willy-Nilly

These pages feel pretty complete to me but I reserve the right to change my mind.  It is nice to not worry so much about whether or not I have a distinct focal point and thus, a "complete" page.  Usually, I plan content in advance and then work slowly, page by page, making sure each one feels "done."  In this journal, I am attempting to break that habit by working fast and without any premeditation.  Just slap on some paint, make some marks, perhaps add a scrap of paper here and there...I'm also not working chronologically (hence no dates.)  I just bounce back and forth between pages as my whim dictates.  I expect that a lot of these pages will transform into something new and different as I continue to play willy-nilly.

5 comments:

Karenliz said...

I love your pages especially the page on right, moments. Gorgeous.

Emie58 said...

LOVE what you're doing with your art!!!! I work the same way you do... a bit here and there... wherever the muse wants to go I tag along.

My name is Erika. said...

Feel like I am looking at modern art- what with the colors and added picture of the woman. Enjoyed looking too. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Love what you are doing and your approach to your art-fab pages!!

aimee said...

You have such a knack for collage -- each piece fits together like a puzzle. Love these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...