Monday, August 5, 2013

The Lightbulb Quartet & A Dapper Gentleman

It's the beginning of the end for the lazy days of summer; in a month or so, school starts up again and while I never know whether I'll be teaching until about a week before classes start, it is fairly safe to assume that pretty soon I'll have a bunch of middle and high school art students keeping me busy.  I have a big painting show coming up in October as well so now is the perfect time to get ahead of the game...


...if only these Fiddlestick characters would let me rest.  They just keep coming and coming.  Whenever I get a big burst of inspiration like this, whether it's for painting or journaling or sewing, I tend to just let the wave of creative energy take me where it will for as long as it will, even if that means other things don't get done.  I'm keenly aware that I need to get back to painting for the sake of my show but for now, all I want to do is cartoon.

As an additional note, the dapper insect gentleman was prompted by a reader named Sandra who sent me a wildly inspirational email regarding Texas cicadas and The Outer Limits at a time when my inspiration was waning.  Sandra, that fellow's for you...

2 comments:

Barb Marshall said...

Glad you are following your inspiration so we could see this insect, dapper, gentleman! Love his beady eyes. I like to think we still have a whole month before school. what's the rush?! :)

Michellem said...

Love these characters - quirky and fun with loads of personality!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...