Friday, August 23, 2013

Getting Into the Swing of Things

Back to the illustration journal for this Friday, August 23.  Just about two weeks now till I'm back to teaching...these last couple of weeks before summer ends are always particularly busy.  This past Tuesday, I found out the specific teaching schedule for the first semester and more details about the Shakespeare unit that I will be team-teaching in September and October.  Sometime between now and then, I need to read A Midsummer Night's Dream and Macbeth.  The students are creating a companion journal to their study and performance of these two plays and I'm in charge of the artsy side of the project.  We'll be creating caricatures of Shakespeare, illuminating "manuscripts," developing original illustrated potions, and creating found poems using Shakespearean words.  There will probably be some crafty work on sets and props thrown in for good measure.


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful class projects coming up for you. I hope they pay you amply!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your class project sounds great well ,if you're a Shakespeare fan that is! Love your journal spread and imagery!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...