Monday, August 26, 2013

Gentle Scraps

This is another spread in my "scraps" journal.  When I look at some of these pages, I think that they feel complete while others seem to be begging for a focal point of some sort.  It is very possible I will need to photograph a few of these spreads a second time so you can see how the pages progress.  I'm trying not to think too much with this journal; I'm just adding paint, paper scraps, washi tape, and random marks throughout the day when I get a free moment.  Then, when inspiration strikes, I can add something on top of these backgrounds I'm creating.  All in all, I'm trying to allow this journal to evolve gently and naturally.

12 comments:

Ophelia said...

What a great idea!! I love the look of this, and, as I have so many scraps of paper and bits of stuff sitting around, I think I will give a scraps journal a try!!

Nina Fenner said...

Love your scraps journal. I find it really difficult to do things like this 'just because'. I need to give myself permission to just play. Thank you for sharing, I'm inspired.

Textile Recycler said...

I love it! Creating more visually interesting art from scraps is an art form in itself...

Kate Robertson said...

I love seeing your scrap journal, just bits of life here and there. I often struggle with, is it done or sould it have something on top. I do a little of both.

Linda said...

It's randomly done and yet there is cohesion seeing the pages side by side. I love the idea of creating random pages in a scrap journal. I've got enough scraps to fill A LOT of books :)

iHanna said...

Random rocks!

girlunwinding said...

Best way to go about it, me thinks.
Me thinks I also have that compass stamp, lol
~Dawn

Deborah Weber said...

I like the resting and returning, always open to revision approach that random scraps seem to invite.

storybeader said...

I like the idea of adding throughout the day, when you have time. Most of my art journal pages are not spare of the moment, but they do end different than I've planned. {:-Deb

Phoenix Peacock said...

I actually don't know that this needs anything added to it. I love it.

gm glimmerglass said...

I like the idea of letting your page evolve. It has a nice meandering sound to it. I often times find myself fitting art into a small block of time and so rush things...not as fun. Your scrap assemblage here is lovely and inspiring!

aimee said...

I love how you do your layering... and that map!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...