Monday, August 19, 2013

Beginning Scraps

While my illustration-only journal is progressing swimmingly, I still have an unquenchable thirst for vibrant, saturated color so I started another journal that I'm simply calling "Scraps."  Unlike my previous color-soaked journals, I'm not taking these pages much beyond the background stage.  This journal is just a place for me to noodle around with paint, marks, and collage.  Sometimes I leave this journal open all day and add to it here and there as the whim strikes me.  Some of these pages I consider to be fairly "finished" while others feel more like works-in-progress.  I might, at some point, add focal points but for now I am having fun just playing. 

9 comments:

  1. I love it...like everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I am so overwhelmed and blocked. The ability to just make marks on paper as my fancy dictates is irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good idea ! I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful as is - no need for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Love your backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally wonderful! And I love that you leave the journal open and let spontaneous inspirations from the Muse happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A place to simply play...what a marvelous idea! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this page spread is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...