Friday, August 9, 2013

A Gentleman Octopus & (Surprise!) A Robot

Here, Friday the 9th of August, I'm finally starting to feel well enough to be up and around but my Muse has extended her vacation so I'm still apt to sit in the studio and do nothing more than stare at the walls.  I just have to be patient.  Generally, I subscribe to Jack London's philosophy that "You can't wait for inspiration; You have to go after it with a club."  However, I am slowly learning that a little bit of gentleness and self-care goes a long ways when trying to juggle chronic illness and an artistic life.

So, in the absence of new material, I'm continuing to show pages from my illustration-only journal.  Comments have dropped to record lows since I began showing this journal so I only hope it is because you all are too delighted to speak...lol!  Enjoy the weekend!  I'll be back on Monday...

11 comments:

Karenliz said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I love the octopus!

jinxxxygirl said...

No matter what the comments say you have to do what speaks to your heart. I'm new here but i LOVE the drawings you've been showing.....If i don't comment its because i'm LAZY with a capital L ..A...Z...Y... LOL! Keep 'em comin'! Hugs! deb

Janet said...

Hi. I usually follow along quietly. I think it's great that you are following what you love. I'm sharing these with my kids after each post bc they love drawing. This journal has a lot of fun, funky, crazy characters that are spot on originals! I'm loving them - and so are the kids!

Practice all you want, but if you took these guys and did a story line, I think you are already ready to write.

Cynthia said...

I am LOVING your illustration work!! Keep it up! And...I totally agree with Janet up there....I think you are already ready to write! =D

FloridaBird said...

I love ALL of your work and am totally jealous of your talent!

Tracy said...

I love these whimsical characters.

Emie58 said...

I enjoy seeing inside artist sketchbooks the best of all... Thanks for sharing.

Molly Freibott said...

so glad you are feeling better! I love your characters- so much fun!

Lynda said...

I am amazed at your creativity....love the weird characters and you sharing your imagination...so wish I could draw something besides stick figures...lol feel blessed girl! (Lyndaoflakeland.blogspot.com) and I agree with Jinxxxygirl I am lazy and just read your post from my email....to comment you have to click on the post...wait for it to load....blah...blah...lazy is accurate....THANKS!

Heather said...

"Too delighted to speak"... exactly! :) I love your illustration journal, and how unique and expressive your characters look. Even your robot; I wouldn't have usually thought of a robot as expressive.

Sarah L said...

Sheesh. I can NOT figure out how to comment via wordpress. Anyhow.

Michelle--I *just* found your blog today, I stopped on this post to say please keep showing your illustrations no matter how many comments, because I am now following your blog and I really love all of your characters!

--Sarah
http://the-project-box.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...