Monday, July 1, 2013

Only the Half Mad

"Only the Half Mad", 22"x28", acrylics on canvas
Most days in the studio tend to be filled with small projects: journaling, softie sewing, index card art, random cartooning and doodling.  However, when I get in the mood to paint, I paint like a madwoman for days on end, getting up early and staying up late, taking breaks only for meals and neglecting everything else.  This continues until I burn myself out and then I often won't paint again for months.

I've spent the last week in one of those crazy painting moods.  I have my biggest show of the year in October and typically I wait until late August, early September to get started.  Every year, I vow to start earlier so I have more work to hang (the venue is huge!)  This summer, I am actually following through on that pledge!  This is one of six paintings I completed last week (at a rate of one a day!)  I'm behind on everything else: daily journaling, the index card challenge, mail art exchanges...right now, I am consumed by the urge to apply paint to canvas.  


6 comments:

Melanie said...

It is a beautiful painting. I wish you more paint fun.
Liefs, Melanie

Molly said...

What bliss! Enjoy the painting binge! Beautiful Work!

Karenliz said...

This ia beautiful canvas. Enjoy painting!

Phoenix Peacock said...

Oh my goodness! I love EVERYTHING about this piece. I want it!!! It is so incredibly beautiful and well balanced.

Sheila Earhart said...

Very cool painting! Yes, strike while the "iron" is hot! Go girl!

Sheila in Oregon

Kelly Kono said...

Fantastic work - love all the little background details, and the bird is a great focal point. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...