Friday, June 7, 2013

Index-Card-a-Day 2013 Begins: Cards 1-6

Well, folks...here we go...the beginning of my posts showing what flows out of my head, heart, and hands for the annual Index-Card-a-Day challenge (hereafter known as ICAD).


I had the great fortune of discovering a stack of ancient tabbed index card dividers at my local creative reuse center.  These babies are made from heavyweight stock, almost like cardboard (thicker than what you can find at Staples) so they hold up under a lot of abuse without severe warping or curling.  Plus, they have this beautiful aged cream patina...love them!  Anyway, that's what I'm using for ICAD this year.


This year, I've decided to work in small series of 6 to 10 cards at a time and as you can see here, I began with some abstracts.  I printed the cards with my Gelli plate, added some stamping as I desired and then began layering on bits of paper scraps.  Simple, bold, playful: These pieces of index art fit in exactly with my summer plans. 

8 comments:

  1. Loving your icards! So colorful and gelli plate gives such fabulous results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well they look terrific and have that sense of summer fun to them! I post my first 6 cards today as well. You know what they say, 'great minds think alike' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ICADs.. they are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're absolutely delightful! Have a great weekend! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea! they are a delight to look at! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very colorful ICADs....love!!!! Great idea to use the old dividers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...