Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Girl and Her Dragon

As summer break settles into my bones, I feel my imagination blossoming anew in my relaxing brain.  Some time ago, I developed a cartoon character named Og and when this little dragon came to life, I made some notes, thinking maybe, some time in the future, that I'd have him star in a little comic strip.  However, I really haven't had the time or energy until now to work on this project.  Since I'll be teaching cartooning again in the fall, I think this is the perfect time to play around with these ideas and see what becomes of all my doodling and note-taking.

So, long story short, here is the debut of "A Girl and Her Dragon" starring Og the Dragon and a wee child simply named Girl.  At this point, I'll just be playing around with single panel cartoons as I practice body positions and storytelling in a limited space.  All in all, it is grand fun and I feel like a nervous mom as I release this toon into the world...hope it brings a smile to your face today!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Awe Michelle this is gorgeous, your drawings are as exquisite as always. Will be waiting in anticipation to see where this goes.
Hugs x

Connie Rose said...

Very sweet. Reminds me of Cecil and Beanie -- are you told enough to remember them? Have a great week and a wonderful summer. xo

Jennifer Shelby said...

It IS a 'hug your dragon' kind of day, isn't it?

Boo said...

I love them. They are just darling.

Marrianna said...

Love, absolutely love, Girl and Og. This first one is delightful. Keep going, you're on to something wonderful.

Snap said...

I love dragons and I'm a fan of Og. My imaginary friend growing up was a dragon ... really! Can't wait to see more of Girl and Og.

Heather said...

Love your sweet little dragon, Michelle! I never would have thought a dragon could be so cute :) I look forward to seeing more of Og and Girl.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...