Friday, June 14, 2013

A Bear in the Studio

I have a constant companion in the studio, one who carefully supervises my every project.  Mr. Marley T. Bear (known more simply as The Bear) is 20 pounds of marmalade love.  He takes up quite a bit of room wherever he decides to lay his head whether it be the computer desk...

...or the studio table as he carefully observes my early morning cartooning and journaling sessions.  He pays very close attention to the scritching of pen on paper.  He'll watch until his eyes get heavy with sleep and then he'll stretch out and take yet another nap.  Typically, this reduces my available workspace by 85% and yet, I can't imagine not sharing my life and art life with this gigantic, infinitely lovable, and sometimes naughty kitty.

4 comments:

Connie Rose said...

Bear is a beauty! My BeeGee is also a hunk, at 18 pounds. Love those big furry guys! Have a great weekend. Anxiously awaiting mail art from you! xo

Jennifer Shelby said...

Hello the Bear! What a very handsome and cuddly fellow, you are lucky to have each other!

Melanie said...

He looks so swet and happy. I have a sweet red purring friend myself. His name is Rommel, and he loves to have a nap on my desk, or on the homeworkbooks of the kids. ( the franc and german books are his favorites :)) what would we do without our furry friends?
Liefs, Melanie

Mary Walker said...

He is fascinated with the ink laying down do you think he understands that it is a bird?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...