Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Watercolor Wednesday: Art Supply Sketching Continues

I'm still getting my feet wet in watercolor sketching by painting my art supplies.  I really recommend starting with simple, everyday objects as the familiarity with the subject helps smooth the process.  I'm not really ready to go out on the town and begin painting my world in earnest so for now, I am using my studio as source material.  I have done the "urban sketching" thing but I've never felt really comfortable with it so I am going back to the beginning and working my way back to painting outside.

I paint each item into my journal in advance and leave space to journal later.  (In general that's the way I work in my "daily diary" journal whether I painting, drawing, or collaging.) I like journaling around my paintings so I do choose my objects and layout based on that fact.

I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying the Watercolor Wednesday post series.  Don't forget that for links to all the posts I've done about watercolor, you can visit this page on my blog...

3 comments:

Netty said...

They are terrific Michelle. I have real probs with watercolours. Hugs Annette x

aimee said...

wow!! love these pages -- they are works of art in themselves!

spirituncaged.com said...

for just getting your feet wet, you certainly seem to be splashing about wonderfully!

Love your lettering/writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...