Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Glue It Tuesday: Scrap Paper Robots

I think that many of my regular readers know by now that I love, love, love robots!  And if you are new to Lost Coast Post...well, I'll say it again: I love robots!  I love drawing them and sculpting them and drawing them some more.  And now, I love collaging them.  I get a big kick out of seeing their little personalities emerge as I layer shapes and patterns.
The process is super simple.  Take geometric punches and scraps of paper, push around on paper until a little mechanical man appears, add doodled details with a marker.  I did this project last week with my art students and they constructed an entire army of artificial life forms.
This is my entry for this week's Glue-It-Tuesday, a wonderful wee challenge thought up by the artful Aimee of Artsyville.  Check out Aimee's blog on Tuesdays for the week's Linky List of participants. 

12 comments:

  1. Hahaha, these are great!!!
    love them
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, these are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are ace! I love your robots too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love these. i've been wanting to something similar but was having trouble. you make it look so easy that i can't wait to do some. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. These little guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweet little robots, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cute - I love them too! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful robots! Yours are my favorites of all the glue-it-Tuesdays. I plan to look through the rest of your blog for your other creative endeavors! Peace to your heart, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just about the cutest robots in the history of robots!! LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these. I've never seen anything like them!
    robots are a favorite of mine, too, and these are great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! I have so much pretty paper and never know what to do with it...and I love robots...so I'm going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...