Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fishing for Content

By necessity, art-making here on the Lost Coast has consisted of soothing, meditative, and open-ended activities like working in my private journal and painting lots of serendipity papers.  As a result, I don't have much in the way of finished pieces to show right now.  I expect I'll pick up steam again in the next week or so as I get my feet back under me and my head back in the game.

You, dear readers, can help.  In the comments, please leave suggestions about things you'd like to see here at Lost Coast Post.  Maybe more of something I already highlight or ideas for topics I haven't touched upon.  Tell me what part of the blog you like best.  Feedback is a welcome (and necessary) component of any blog and a little input might help me come up with new posts while my mind is distracted with other issues.  Many thanks in advance.

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

MORE OWLS!! LOL!! Just kidding, but really, I love your owls. And all your little creatures. I think you should add short stories to them. Actually, you need to write that book you've been mentioning. The wonderful faces on your creations make me so curious and I want to hear their stories! =D

Jennifer Shelby said...

I love the creatures!

kluckingbear said...

I'm fairly new to your blog--I'm a daily reader now. I really like the technique posts that you sprinkle in. You've got a lot of unique ideas that I like to try.

Janet said...

I like techniques too and the bright, colorful pieces you do. Stage photos could be fun - like 4 pics from start to finish. Enjoying the journey.

denthe said...

I was very interested when you mentioned you use your own art for collage. I'd like to see more on that. I'm a novice at collage, but I have a whole lot of work I'd like to incorporate in my journal as pieces of collage. Just need some ideas how to go about it. Would be interesting to see what you do with your collage sheets.....

leida said...

I found, and joined, your site when i came across the watercolor wednesday and more specifically the shaded spheres how-to post. I can read miles and miles of watercolor explanations and not come out any wiser; but give me a simple tut such as your shaded spheres and i can learn a wealth of new information in one session of playing.

one minute watercolor lessons, that is what i like to see more of. > techniques for shading, layering, etc.

leida said...

definitely more watercolor how -tos like the shaded spheres! that is what got me following you. i could use some of those, its a great start when i want to paint but dont know what!

gypsy said...

I'm pretty much happy with whatever you wish to share! I'd love to see any raw sketches you create in your sketchbook. An audio post would be fun. A mail art creation with photos showing start to finish. The thought process behind your creations for your 365 project. A status on your project 365. I liked your Watercolor Wednesdays book list with comments. Book lists about other mediums, perhaps. But really whatever you write, I'll read.

Heather said...

I love your Watercolour Wednesday posts. I'm still learning how to use watercolours so those are very helpful to me. But really, I love all of your work and I'll be happy with whatever you choose to post here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...