Thursday, May 9, 2013

144 Characters Under My Belt, 221 to Go!

In January I decided to undertake a mammoth art challenge:  Create 365 drawn, painted, sculpted, and/or sewn characters throughout the course of 2013.  With this journal page, I have created 144 characters so far this year.  To see pictures of all the characters, check out this Flickr set.

I'm not quite halfway through the challenge and I am starting to feel fatigued.  I've been ahead of the game right from the beginning but I'm not generating pieces at the pace I was when I began so I anticipate falling behind if I don't catch my second wind.  It is certainly not for lack of imagination or interest, but rather time and energy; everyday life has sort of asserted itself over my art life in recent weeks.

Summer break from teaching will hit at the end of May so I am hoping the sudden gift of free time will breathe new life into this challenge for me. 

3 comments:

Connie Rose said...

Your prodigious output amazes me. Hope all is well with you this week. xo

Melanie said...

This is a funny little man. Good luck with the other ones.
Liefs, Melanie

Jennifer Shelby said...

what a fabulous mustache. Here's to a second wind!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...