Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hey Fishy, Fishy

I love painting fish!  There are almost infinite variations and combinations of shape, pattern, color, and size so it is easy to draw a basic fish shape and then get imaginative with the details.  I've been painting a lot of fish lately for my upcoming shows and it has been fun to dig out the iridescent paints.  All my fish paintings sparkle in the light, something that is impossible to capture in a photo but I hope this particular picture gives you an idea what I've been up to lately in the studio.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I love this fish painting. The collors are so nice bright.
Liefs, Melanie

Jennifer Shelby said...

I love how you did the fish's eye, it's perfect! I can just imagine him/her glistening in the underwater sunlight

bohemiannie! art said...

purty, purty!

Nancy Lee said...

Why TOO cute! Come to FL on the gulf and see OUR fish!

Nic McLean said...

I just discovered you by way of Sharon at art inspirations blogspot - she recommended your work and boy was she right - your art is so gorgeous and whimsical - I love it. This fish is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...