Thursday, February 21, 2013

Surrendering to Imagination

The flood of monstrous creations continues today with one arriving by land and one by sea.  It is hard for me to properly express the joy I have experienced by honoring my dreams of becoming an illustrator.  The more I practice, the better I am becoming and the more I am able to say with fewer marks.  Both of these creatures are incredibly simple and yet I think they could tell a wee tale.  

Will I ever realize my ultimate dream of illustrating a children's book?  I don't know.  I think it is way too early in my illustrating adventure to answer that question but honestly, at this point, it is a question with zero importance.  What is important is that I have fallen head over heels in love with this thing called illustrating, that I have surrendered myself to the wit and whimsy of my imagination, and that I am creating without judgment.  My creations won't be everyone's cup of tea but they suit me just fine.

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving your little monsters. They make me smile! Tally-Ho! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your self satisfaction is wonderful to behold...in your words and illustrations. I don't see why you can't illustrate a story of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EXCELLENT dear Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...