Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Art Goals for 2013

Every year, I make and document a bunch of resolutions, both for my art and my everyday life.  Looking back, I've actually done pretty well in keeping those resolutions.  I think the simple act of writing down a few wishes and goals for the new year helps plant the seeds of change and growth that eventually blossom even if not directly nurtured.  Here's my art goals for 2013:
  • Monthly artist dates:  This has been on my resolution list for the last couple of years and this year is the year for this...I can feel it!
  • Continue to blog at least 3 to 4 days a week.  I've been doing pretty good with this one so I want to keep it up.
  • More: sewing/fabric, painting, illustration, sculpture; Less: Journaling.  Sometimes, I feel like I get so caught up in art journaling that I run out of time for other things.  I need my journals to support my other interests more.
  • Have a gigantic show in October.  I've become a regular at a local venue and the place is huge!  I could easily hang 75 small to medium pieces but the most I've ever hung was 33 because I always wait too late in the year to begin work. However, this year I already have a theme in place (The Motley Menagerie) so I have high hopes that I can rock that space come October.
  • Tackle the 365 in 2013 project originated by iHanna.  I intend to try and create 365 characters, drawn, sewn, painted, or sculpted.  This will be my underlying focus throughout the year.
  • Write 15 minutes per day, 3 times a week.  I have a specific, personal creative writing project that I am working on...mostly in my mind.  I'd like to build a regular writing habit. 
  • Here's the biggest goal of all:  USE WHAT I HAVE!!!!  I want to limit my spending to books and the occasional online class.  Finances have become terribly shaky in recent months and I need to basically eliminate spending on art supplies.  I already have a wealth of supplies at my disposal so the tough part will be defeating the urge to have all the latest and greatest.

7 comments:

  1. Very creative and awesome work Michelle!
    I wish you a Happy and Healthy 2013.
    May all your wishes com true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's quite a list. I've one of my own...but only in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to wish you lots off fun working on youre coals.
    Liefs, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A recipe for a super year ahead. I like the idea of 365 of "something" as Hanna proposed and am contemplating what that will be for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great goal list! The one that resonates with me is the UseWhatIHave - like most of us, I have a ton of supplies, of paper, paints, etc. and I too am in $$ conservation mode since my husband lost his job. Now instead of saving stuff, I can USE stuff! :) I've joined Hanna's 365 project as well...will be following along to see your drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great journal page...made me smile. and terrific list of artistic goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this project. I don't know if you started it or iHanna started it but I like it. I will also leave a comment on iHanna's blog. Thank you. I would like to keep printed copies of your blog/online journal pages and I need your permission, please. It is only for inspiration as I'm starting a notebook of my own DIY 2013 planner with sections for my goals (intentions) for 2013. Your blog is very inspiring.

    Marrianna in Flagstaff, AZ, USA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...