- Monthly artist dates: This has been on my resolution list for the last couple of years and this year is the year for this...I can feel it!
- Continue to blog at least 3 to 4 days a week. I've been doing pretty good with this one so I want to keep it up.
- More: sewing/fabric, painting, illustration, sculpture; Less: Journaling. Sometimes, I feel like I get so caught up in art journaling that I run out of time for other things. I need my journals to support my other interests more.
- Have a gigantic show in October. I've become a regular at a local venue and the place is huge! I could easily hang 75 small to medium pieces but the most I've ever hung was 33 because I always wait too late in the year to begin work. However, this year I already have a theme in place (The Motley Menagerie) so I have high hopes that I can rock that space come October.
- Tackle the 365 in 2013 project originated by iHanna. I intend to try and create 365 characters, drawn, sewn, painted, or sculpted. This will be my underlying focus throughout the year.
- Write 15 minutes per day, 3 times a week. I have a specific, personal creative writing project that I am working on...mostly in my mind. I'd like to build a regular writing habit.
- Here's the biggest goal of all: USE WHAT I HAVE!!!! I want to limit my spending to books and the occasional online class. Finances have become terribly shaky in recent months and I need to basically eliminate spending on art supplies. I already have a wealth of supplies at my disposal so the tough part will be defeating the urge to have all the latest and greatest.
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Art Goals for 2013
Every year, I make and document a bunch of resolutions, both for my art and my everyday life. Looking back, I've actually done pretty well in keeping those resolutions. I think the simple act of writing down a few wishes and goals for the new year helps plant the seeds of change and growth that eventually blossom even if not directly nurtured. Here's my art goals for 2013: