Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Reminder

I have fallen down a lot in my life (who hasn't?).  Sometimes, due to a weird cocktail of health issues, my body has simply crumpled beneath me.  Other times, I've fallen by neglecting life commitments or making bad decisions.  However, the real trick, the part where character is born and triumph begins, is in getting back up, even if it seems impossible, even if it feels more comfortable to just give up and lie in the dirt.  Some days I just rise to my knees but damn it!  That's upward momentum!

The phoenix has been part of my personal artistic lexicon for about six years now.  The cycle of rising and falling is inevitable but in the rising, we can be glorious, no matter how hard & ugly the fall.  This journal page is a simple, graphic reminder of that truth.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...