Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Motley Menagerie: Baby Octopus Love

as yet untitled; mixed media on 8x24-inch stretched canvas
Throughout October, I'll be sprinkling this space with peeks at the work for my show The Motley Menagerie and what better way to begin than with a baby octopus!

Back in late May, I completed a much larger octopus painting, a canvas I'm not crazy about but a phenomenal amount of work went into that piece so I decided against an impulsive cleansing with gesso.  Instead, I decided to give painting octopi another go in a different size, format, and pose.  This little guy is the result.  Painting & shading each individual sucker is tedious but I think worth the effort.









2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so exciting!! Thanks for posting photos--this way, I can "go" to your art show, if only vicariously! Love the octopus too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby octopus. Hope your show goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...