Wednesday, October 31, 2012

List Journal Project: This One Thing I Know

As announced previously, I am following along with iHanna and Daisy Yellow's List Journal Project and this past Saturday's prompt was "Things I Know."  My "list" response would perhaps be more appropriately titled "The Singlemost Important Concept I Live By."  Who's to say a list has to contain more than one item? 

"However long the night, the dawn will break" is an African proverb that is probably my favorite quote ever and it has been a guiding philosophy for me for many years and through many trials.  No matter how bad things get, there will always be an opportunity to start again, get a fresh perspective, and discover one's second wind.  Hope is always as close as the next morning.  
I have used these words repeatedly in my work over the years.  Here's a journal page from April 2006...
...and here again, I used this proverb when embellishing my splint following the full fusion of my right wrist in 2008.  (And yes, I painted that with my left hand and my casted right arm!  My doctors were furious - I used my newly fused wrist waaay more than I was supposed to post-surgery - but an artist's gotta do what an artist's gotta do!)

1 comment:

  1. I really like your pages (oh the mandala!!!), and the quote though I find it a bit melancholic... It's true the dawn will come, but oh how long the nights can be. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...