Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Motley Menagerie: Heaven is High & Earth Wide

"Heaven is High & Earth Wide"; mixed media
Here's another sneak peek at work for The Motley Menagerie.  This is the largest piece in the show at 2x3 feet.  I have a hard time working any larger that that which means I have to make a lot to fill the space available.  (The particular venue for this show is huge and I never have enough!  Someday though, someday...)

I love & hate this canvas.  As often happens, parts of this really work for me and others not so much.  I understand though that I am my own worst critic so I've learned to do what I can until I no longer feel an overwhelming pull to make revisions and then I stop and walk away.  Traditionally, pieces I'm not in love with seem to sell first.  Let's hope that's the case here...

2 comments:

  1. So where's the show already??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this! It's beautiful. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...