Monday, October 8, 2012

Featured in Featuring!

I've been quietly sitting on a little secret for the last four months and it's time for the big reveal....TA DAA!  I'm the "Artist in the Spotlight" for issue 2 of Featuring magazine!!!  Featuring is a brand new art magazine based in the Netherlands, a glossy, full color, professionally-printed brain child of artist Marit Barentsen.

Here's what I love about Featuring in a nutshell: it has depth.  It isn't a mash-up of endless ads and beautiful fluff nor is it a clique-y forum for well-established artists to show off their latest products.  Featuring magazine lets the artists' voices shout from the rooftops.  The "spotlight" article is entirely in my own words; after reading my blog, the editors sent me about a million questions and then used my answers word for word - no paraphrasing, no standard interview questions.  I am so proud that my very first publication in a magazine ended up on the pages of Featuring, a much-needed breath of fresh air for the art magazine world.

As an aside, you'll see that I used my maiden name "Reuss" rather than "Remy" for this article.  Both last names are me!  For a little while now, I've been using my maiden name as a sort of pen name on the web.  I felt that since this was such a big step in my art career, it would be only right to honor my roots.  In short, I wanted my relatives to see the family name in print rather than my ex-husband's surname.  All my writings and photos continue to carry "Remy" on the copyright until I can go through the process of officially changing my name...

Additional Note:  Featuring is available to purchase online only (no subscriptions) so to get your hands on a copy, click on over to the Featuring website!

7 comments:

  1. What exciting news, Michelle....good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That is AWESOME!! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the magazine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big congratulations. I am also eagerly awaiting for my copy to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. spectacularly written Michelle. I'm so glad you loved the article. You made a terrific spotlight artist!
    Best,
    Jenn

    PS, I'm awaiting my mag just like Marcia, OOh, can't wait to see my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've ordered my issue as well, Michelle -- congratulations on your feature!

    Warm regards,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...