Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Check-In: ICAD 35-38

I cannot believe I am still doing this challenge!  It feels like it has been going on forever!  However, I love the look of my growning stack of arted-up index cards so no matter how weary I feel, I want to try and see this through to the end of July.

I do find as the challenge wears on that I am simplifing my cards a bit more and experimenting with geometric shapes and abstraction, especially if I have a day of "OMG! What am I going to do with this #%$! index card?!"   

Regardless of the subject matter, everything still seems to be drenched in color.  What can I say?  After spending most of the 1990s coveting pastels & neutrals, I busted out of my sepia-colored world at the turn of the new century and began throwing rainbows at anything I could find. Twelve years later and I still can't enough fuchsia, pumpkin orange, aqua, and lemon yellow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how wonderful that you are still doing the cards! You're one determined lady you! LOVE the bright colours. I have been working in neutrals last couple of months but I find myself reaching for the colours again lately... your cards are very inspiring. I especially love the top one with the rectangles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...